Community Regime


Citizens of the European Union who whish to reside in Spain for a period of time longer than three months, must be registered in the Central Register of Foreigners, to obtain a certificate or registration, valid for the whole Spanish territory.

Relatives who depend on them that do not have Spanish citizenship or community must apply for a Community Regime Residence card, which will be valid for five years and they will be allowed to work, if they want to. After the period of five years, the permit should be renewed and you will be granted with a new one valid for ten years.

List of European countries that can access the Register: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Sweden and Switzerland.

It has been recently decided to allow requesting the EU residence card to relatives in the second degree, if it is proven their dependency.

We take care of:

  • Collection of the necessary documents
  • Delivery of the documentation to the competent authority
  • Continuous monitoring of the whole process
  • Collection and delivery of the granted resolution
  • Information about the status of the process at any time

If you need any help with your Community Regime, please do not hesitate to contact us.