Extranjeros AEMA can provide you valuable advice to process the family reunification of ascendants, descendants and/or spouses or domestic partner in all cases:


family reunification

  • Residence authorisation for Spanish citizen’s relatives: The Spanish citizen who wants to regroup some of his relatives must initiate the proceedings in the Spanish Consulate where his relatives live. Once the visa is issued, the relative will enter Spain to be able to obtain his residence permit (valid for five years). Recently, this kind of residence has been expanded to relatives in second degree (brother/sister, grandchildren…), if it is proven their dependency.
  • Residence authorisation for foreign residents’ relatives: The foreign residents have the right to regroup their children (under the age of 18), their spouse/domestic partner and ascendants (above the age of 65), proving their economic dependency. For the visa application, it is essential to have the favourable report from the competent authority. Once the visa is granted, he/she should enter Spain to obtain their residence.

We take care of:

  • Collection of the necessary documents.
  • Delivery of the documentation to the competent authority.
  • Continuous monitoring of the whole process.
  • Collection and delivery of the granted resolution.
  • Information about the status of the process at any time.
  • Collecting the residence permit.

If you want to be advised about your family reunification, please do not hesitate to contact us.