Visas for medical treatments

Spain is at the forefront of medical treatments, with hospitals classified among the best in the world. However you need to have a visa to enter the country and receive the treatment.


Non-resident foreigners that wish to receive medical treatment in Spain must have a permit from the immigration authorities to remain in the country for the time required.

There are two options:

  1. Tourist visa (also known as Visa C): you can receive medical treatment with this visa. When you apply for this visa, you must prove to the consular office that you have sufficient financial resources to afford the hospital services you want to receive in Spain. If you do not want to have any problems, it is important to understand the specific period of time you are allowed to stay. The maximum stay is ninety days since entering the country (you begin to count with the date of the entry stamp). If you need to extend your stay, once admitted to hospital, you may apply for an extension of this stay/visa. The extension application must be made before the date of expiration of the visa.
    We can help you with this procedure!
  2. You can come as a tourist without a visa, with a maximum stay of ninety days. Unlike the previous one, you cannot extend your stay. This option is only available for citizens of the countries that belong to the Visa Waiver Program (VWP).

These visas can only be requested in the Spanish Consulate. We can help you with the administrative formalities both at the consulate and in Spain. We also collaborate with different doctors and hospitals. One of them is the Doctor Campanari, you can visit her web: